Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hanging Around the House


Yesterday I was doing work outside so I snapped a few shots of my surroundings. Our back yard complete with overgrown bushes, and the mountains I can see from our front yard. Another fire started yesterday in the mountains to the east, last I'd heard it had burned about 200 acres. Most of the fires always seem to be arsen, but there was one this week that they think was started by a pile of manure that spontaneously combusted! Anyways, it was about 100 degrees outside yesterday but luckily it didn't feel that hot for some reason. I had the day off, so I began reading a new book called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which is a very fun read so far! Mark and I also started playing Halo 3: ODST which we've been waiting to play for a long time. Well, now I have to head off to work : ( Goodbye!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Julie. You have a really nice patio and backyard, and lots of trees! Perfect for the year-around indoor/outdoor lifestyle in L.A. I have to force myself indoors in winter, and then only when it rains! Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy to sit outside in a coat and hat! Nice view of mountain too. Is it one of the San Bernardinos? Don't really know where you live--LA so big! Why don't email me your address. My email is cmbseashells@gmail.com. Cheers! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet backyard, Julie! Nice view of the mountains, too. Thanks for the new pics and keep 'em coming! Love you! (still waiting to see pics of you and Mark!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, family, thanks for the compliments on the backyard. If you heard the dogs yapping on two sides of our fence, you might start to lose it a little bit, like I am! It is still very hot outside, and Mark and I daydream about the rain, sleet, and snow which will never come. I do believe those are the San Bernardino Mountains. Aunt Christina, I will send you my address, and Andrea, I will find some pictures for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great backyard Julie! Maybe your cats can do something with the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aunt Michelle, if I could sick my cats on the dogs I would, but Bender is such a wuss he wouldn't know where to begin. He's afraid of everyone that comes over except for Grandma Nancy!

    ReplyDelete