Thursday, September 10, 2009

*Visiting JaimieGerbil*





So recently I visited Jaimie in Fullerton, and we had a lot of fun. We went over to Downtown Disney, which is really close, and Jaimie was attacked by a gorilla in the Rainforest Cafe (that happens to her a lot since her cat, Jag, looks like a gorilla). I also forced Jaimie to watch Alien vs. Predator and she got mad at me because I left to drive home during the movie and she was afraid the aliens were going to get her. I don't know why, because there are katanas (I can't spell Japanese, I mean those swords like in Kill Bill) all over the apartment so she could fight off an alien easily.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Great to hear from you. You and Jaimie look great--have fun and stay young (at heart)forever! P.S. Congratulations on the change of status--wasn't sure it was true but I see you have a new last name.
    Cheers, from Chris in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie - and Jaimie too! I'm obsessed with blogs now that Andrea has started one. I don't want to have one of my own but I'm addicted to following everybody elses. Okay Jaimie, it's your turn to start one. Uncle Randy, Andrea and Andy set me up at the Rainforest Cafe in Nashville, TN. I hadn't noticed the Gorilla's when we were seated. I let out a squill when they came alive!!! Of course, I got everyone's attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello All!

    Andrea- We are sweet and spicy! (whatever that means)

    Aunt Christina- Yes I got married in April. We did not have a wedding but we had a honeymoon at IKEA which was really exciting since we were in the process of moving at the time. My husband (Mark) isn't sick of me yet and I am finally used to signing my new Irish name! Also I was going to tell you that I spoke to Alice Sebold, who wrote Lovely Bones, at a conference I went to. It was really neat!

    Aunt Michelle- I was inspired by Andrea and my Dad's blogs, it's fun having something to check when I get home from work! I wish I could have seen you meet those gorillas at the Rainforest Cafe. Ours was right next to our table and kept turning its head to look at us throughout the meal. We couldn't stop laughing! Mark and I want to go to the San Diego Zoo once it cools down (it's 90 degrees outside again today) so that we can some real gorillas!

    Well I am going to go get a haircut now, plus Needler keeps trying to bite me and walk across the keyboard! Love you all, nice to hear from you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are pursuing your interest in writing. I read Lovely Bones; it had been a long time since reading a novel so beautifully written and original. I was surprised when I recently saw a preview for the movie adaptation of the book--looks to be visually splendid. Thinking of adaptations--according to your profile it seems you enjoy movies on the dark side--you might enjoy a movie released a few years ago by that name--Adaptation. The movie is an angst fest depicting a screenwriter (Nicholas Cage playing actual screenwriter, Charlie Kaufman (Eternal Sunshine) and alter-ego twin brother) who is trying to write a movie adaptation of a novel by Susan Orlean titled The Orchid Thief (real, and a good book). On same wave, recently saw Cold Souls and liked it very much. Angst-ridden film actor getting a soul transplant to help him interpret his lead role in a Chekov play--could call that "Kaufmanesque"?--that funny enough! OK--I got carried away! Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I have seen Adaptation, it is so good. Mark introduced me to it, and I really like Charlie Kaufman movies. The latest one we've seen is Synecdoche, New York, which I thought was pretty good, but I think I like Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, and Eternal Sunshine better. I am obsessed with finding good movies, and having Netflix definitely feeds that addiction! I also like Paul Thomas Anderson; he did Magnolia and There Will Be Blood which are so great. I added Cold Souls to my Netflix queue and was excited to see that it stars Paul Giamatti, but they don't have it on DVD yet so I might have to wait. I learned a weird fact recently that Paul Giamatti's father used to be the commissioner of baseball, and banned Pete Rose. Also, I should read that book The Orchid Theif. Yesterday I started reading Pride and Predjudice and Zombies, and it is pretty entertaining so far because I like Jane Austen as well as zombies! Well, I am going to go wash my car in a few minutes, so C-ya!

    ReplyDelete